Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The News is Out

As many of you know Brad and I experienced a pretty horrible miscarriage about 9 months ago.  We lost what we believe was our little boy, Hendrickson (Henry for short).  We were only able to get pregnant with the use of fertility pills.
Or so we thought...

It's time we officially announce our second and UNEXPECTED pregnancy!

Brad and I had JUST had the conversation that we would discuss having a baby in 6-8 months... little did we know we were already knocked up!  After some strange symptoms that I really thought nothing of (I thought my dizziness was due to allergies and my fatigue because of my approaching period) we decided to take a test so I could have a martini that night worry-free.  Needless to say I haven't had a martini since that fateful trip to the potty...

We are so excited!  We're not sure how it's all going to work (our 1 bedroom apartment, for example) but we know that God is good and he has given us the blessing of parenthood again!  We saw our little peanut this week and it's healthy and strong!  The heartbeat was the sweetest sound to our ears that have never before had the chance to hear a strong, healthy heartbeat.  And our doctor said that since we've heard the heartbeat, we have less than a 5% chance of miscarrying.  More music to our ears!

Here's the picture we sent to our parents when we were telling them we were pregnant.  It's mine and Brad's picture blended to show what our baby will look like... it's...cute...  We e-mailed it with the subject line: Baby Neier- Arriving November 2011.

6 comments:

  1. Ok it is definitely time to tell Maw Maw and Paw Paw.

    That picture is very scary of your future child! Yours will be much much cuter than that, don't worry.

    I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww......so exciting! I'm very happy for you! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaahhhhhhhh!!! CONGRATS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT! BABIES EVERYWHWHERE! hahaha, i am soooo excited for you! Whoo hoo! what a blessing. i'm so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Congratulations to both of you! What an exciting time! I'm so happy for you and very excited!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Congratulations to both of you! What an exciting time! I'm so happy for you and very excited!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love You and miss you!!! So happy for y'all !

    ReplyDelete