Saturday, March 12, 2011

Copy Cat

One of my favorite things ever is finding something I like, whether it be clothes or a decorating style, and finding a cheaper way to get that same look.  Most recently, I knocked off a CB2 look:


The letters that spell "YES" are $149 at CB2.

This is our version:


We mixed it up and chose the word "BYE" because it's right next to our door... the word "YES" is pretty random, too.  We went to Hobby Lobby for the letters and picked up a small can of spray paint.  The were completed in minutes and the next day it was hung by heavy duty 2-sided tape.  All for a total of $9.18.  That's right- I just saved $140!!!


2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of an Ikea display. And I mean that as a compliment, because sometimes they can look not-so-great, but this looks very cool. I am in the planning stages of making silhouettes of the 4 of us and hanging them side-by-side on the wall. I'm excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...and the font is much better. Sorry if you thought this would be a comment from someone else besides me...
    ...
    ...
    ...

    get it...?

    ReplyDelete