Monday, February 28, 2011

Tiffany Neier

Everyone gets called the wrong name from time to time.  As a receptionist I have come to expect that out of the 100 people that hear my name a day, a few of them are bound to get it wrong: Brittany; Courtney; Wendy- I've even been called Litney!

However, since I have moved to Georgia, something very strange has happened in regards to the name I am called.  Everyone calls me Tiffany. It started out as what I thought was a coincidence since there is a Tiffany in my office.  But then people outside of work started calling me Tiffany- people in my Bible study, the volunteer coordinator for the organization I began volunteering for- even the other day my massage therapist tapped me on the shoulder at the end of the session and said, "You're all set, Tiffany!"  The worst part is that it's people I KNOW!  At work they walk past my desk and affectionately say, "Hey Tiff!"  I have been given a nickname for the WRONG NAME!  Why is it that everyone in Atlanta knows to call me by the right wrong name???

Ugh!  How is a girl supposed to establish herself in a new place when people can't even get her name right?!? 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is good stuff. Maybe you should just go with it, Tiff.

    ReplyDelete