Monday, December 20, 2010

The Prettiest Tree in the Neighborhood



God has blessed Brad and I so much in our short marriage, and ESPECIALLY since we have moved to Georgia. My aunts and uncles have done nothing but give, our parents send us "morale boosters" and even my friends at work helped lighten the load when we didn't know how we would afford groceries one particular week. But tonight we are feeling the sweet encouragement of good friends in our lives.

Tonight when we got home from work, we were greeted by an unexpected care package from our very best friends in Phoenix. Not only did they give us gift cards to help with some needed things, but they sent us REAL ornaments for our tree!

Last night when I posted pictures of our apartment, Brad commented that we wouldn't be caught dead with an apartment looking like this six months ago. Yet, now we feel like we are abundant in blessings! God has given a girl with very high expectations of EVERYTHING a very content, peaceful heart.

This is our fifth Christmas as a married couple, and I have to say that this is our prettiest tree yet!



A little representation of our friends back in AZ!

3 comments:

  1. We love you and miss you guys SO much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I'm guessing Karen is the friend...? Sorry now I am curious. What a sweet gesture. God really does use other people to answer prayers. He loves us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your tree! You may forget other Christmas trees, but NEVER this one:)

    ReplyDelete