Sunday, December 19, 2010

Apartment Therapy

Today, Brad and I have graduated to another step in our Georgia Journey. Sweet Aunt Jill and Uncle Raymond gave us/delivered one of their retired beds to us, which promoted our futon (given to us by sweet Uncle Andy and Aunt Deanna) to full-time couch status. Plus, last night my sweet cousin Amber gave us an old vintage mirror that belonged to her other grandmother. This is a big day for us! We came out here with NOTHING and have been so blessed by the generosity of all the people around us!

This sudden increase of furniture inspired us to check out my beloved website: www.apartmenttherapy.com and we are now more inspired than ever to make our apartment our home! But, we'll pray for patience and contentment as we wait for that. I do think I'll be painting the apartment at the first of the year, though... We're thinking royal purple for the fireplace wall and a mix between avocado/lime green as an accent color... what do you think?



Our new bed. I would love to re-finish it and paint it white. We don't sleep like this... the sheets are in the washer as we speak.


Our new mirror. I also invision this white (or gold?) and hung above the fireplace and that wall will probably be deep purple. And that picture is a craigslist find.


Our former bed/new sofa. Brad did this setup while I was in the bathroom, but I kind of like it for now... it's not like we have a real coffee table, or dining table for that matter, so why not combine them for now? The blue bottle is actually a vase, but we didn't have any flowers to complete the look.

1 comment:

  1. I like all of your painting ideas for the furniture, but I don't like the purple/green idea. Reminds me of Becca's bedroom in Marietta. I also think you should do some kind of faux to that mirror...

    ReplyDelete